Pragmatc Coders Software Development Services FAQ
Please find bellow the list of the questions frequently asked by our clients who would like to use our Software Development Services.
HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE TEAM TO START WORKING ON MY PROJECT?
- Usually, it takes from 2 to 6 weeks to start the cooperation with a dream team of the best programmers!
We start with currently available developers or we browse our pool of candidates to find someone who meets your criteria.
Our extremely effective recruitment process allows us to hire the best talents and build teams dedicated for your requirements. We need time to form the dedicated team of developers with suitable skills for your project. From the very first day, we assign one of our Scrum Masters to the project so you can be sure that everything works effectively and the team is formed properly.
DO YOU OFFER A PROJECT MANAGER /SCRUM MASTER SUPPORT DURING THE PROJECT?
- Dedicated teams at Pragmatic Coders are self-organized and constantly coached by our Scrum Master and Agile Coaches. Thanks to that we can deliver products in the iterative and incremental way with continuous feedback from our clients and products’ users. We don’t charge extra for Scrum Master and Agile Coaches if the team is bigger than 6 developers.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE MYSELF FOR OUR FIRST MEETING?
- During our first meeting, we would like to discuss your goal, product context and technology stack needed. That will help us to prepare the most suitable offer for you.
It would be great if you could prepare answers for following questions:
– Your goal – what would you like to achieve with Pragmatic Coders?
– Product context – what would you like to build with our help and why?
– Current state – what is the progress that was made on the product?
– Technology stack needed
– Potential number of developers needed
HOW YOUR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS LOOKS LIKE?
- At Pragmatic Coders, we use Agile and Lean methods. The process always depends on the context. Mostly our teams use Scrum or Kanban. We always implement empirical approach and make our process as adaptive as it could be. Thanks to the iterative and incremental approach we deliver the new version of working software as often as possible. That allow us to get feedback often and adapt future development to it.
WHAT KIND OF TOOLS DO YOU USE TO COMMUNICATE AND REPORT WORK TO A CLIENT?
- We usually use the most popular and intuitive communication tools. We communicate with our clients via Skype, Google Hangouts, and emails. To set up and control the work we use Trello or Jira. But we are flexible and we can adapt to the various communication styles that our clients use.
CAN I CONTACT/SPEAK/WORK DIRECTLY WITH THE DEVELOPERS DURING OUR COOPERATION?
- Yes! You can contact directly our team. Our developers are not only technology-focused but also are just a great team of people that will be glad to communicate with you!
CAN YOU OFFER ALSO A GRAPHIC DESIGN FOR MY PROJECT?
- Yes, we have the graphic designer in our team. We also cooperate with few freelancers since we know that different kind of products may need a different set of skills and experience.
CAN YOU HELP US TO DEVELOP MARKETING STRATEGY FOR MY PRODUCT?
- Yes, we can help you with creative ideas, marketing strategy, and public relations. We got marketing team inside the Pragmatic Coders, and also we cooperate with the external agency. Our internal team has a wide experience in both – start-ups and enterprise projects.
HOW CAN YOU ENSURE THAT YOU BUILD SAFE PRODUCT?
- Our developers have experience and skills necessary to build secure products. We have experience in working for banking and investment sector and our clients could confirm that we developed products on the highest security standards.
HOW CAN YOU PROVE THAT I WILL GET THE BEST WORK POSSIBLE?
- We believe that our projects and satisfied clients speaks for themselves. Check our testimonials and case studies: Pragmatic Coders. We may also contact you with our previous clients so you could ask for references on your own.
IF NEEDED CAN YOU COME TO MY HEADQUARTERS TO CONDUCT A MEETING?
- Yes, we are mobile. If needed our CEO with the representative of the development team can come to your headquarter and discuss details of your project.
WHAT ARE YOU CORE VALUES IN COOPERATION WITH THE CLIENT?
- We are always aiming for building partnership relation based on trust and transparency in cooperation with our clients. All the time the client is well informed about the work progress and the level of product development we are at the moment. Effective communication with our client is for us almost as important as delivering the high-quality products.
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITH START-UPS?
- Yes, we’ve helped numerous start-ups to scale, develop and find their place on the market. Our leaders, as well as developers, are familiar with every aspect of working with start-up and finding most suitable solutions. Besides of the technical aspects of work we could also advise you on the business, sales and marketing areas.
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITH ENTERPRISE?
- Yes, we are working with big companies too. We know what are their needs and we know how they operate on the market. We already proved that we could deliver the greatest value as external innovation centers. Thanks to our agility combined with the experience we could easily innovate and quickly deliver products that are difficult to build inside the corporate’s structures.
HOW DO YOU MANAGE CLIENTS ACROSS DIFFERENT TIME ZONES?
- We don’t have fixed office hours, our developers are flexible, and can gear to the client needs. Our teams communicate clearly and regularly.
Our developers could adjust their working hours a little bit to the client’s time zone. For example with the US, we can have 3-5 hours of overlap.
We got wide experience in working with different time-zones. We use various managing tools to organize the work process (Jira, Trello) and to communicate (Slack, Hipchat, Skype, AppeaInn, Hangouts).
Beside of that we use Scrum or Kanban, and with the support of our Scrum Masters (free of charge) we are aiming to make our work as much transparent as possible, and our cooperation with clients as efficient as possible in given constraints.
With Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and practices such as Code Review and TDD, the collaboration, and exchange of knowledge with client’s developers from across the globe is not a problem either.
If needed our developers can fly to the US or other countries, it’s relatively easy to get the needed documentation for polish programmers. Of course, our office in Krakow is always open for our client’s representants.
If you have more questions